Light-based hair removal is one of the most effective methods to treat unwanted body hair with longer-lasting results. It is different from current home hair removal methods because it significantly reduces hair regrowth. You can now use this innovative technology comfortably in the privacy of your own home, whenever and wherever you want.
This appliance is intended for the removal of unwanted hair. It is able to deliver long-term reduction in the number of hairs that regrow after treatment. You can use it to remove unwanted body hair on all areas below the cheekbones, including the face (upper lip, chin and cheeks). This appliance has been specifically designed and optimized for use by women, but can be used by men as well. It is designed for use by one person only.
- The appliance works by heating up the hair and root beneath the skin. The melanin in the hair and hair root absorbs the released light pulses. The darker the colour of the hair, the more light can be absorbed. This process stimulates the hair to go into the resting phase.
- In between treatments, hair sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited. Hairs can take one or two weeks to shed.
- Optimal hair removal cannot be obtained with a single session, since only hairs in the growing phase are susceptible to treatment with light. During a treatment, hairs on the treated area are usually in different stages of the hair growth cycle. To effectively treat all hairs you have to repeat the treatment once every two weeks for the first two months.
1.On/off/intensity button, short press for intensity adjustments, long press for shutting off
2.Light intensity indicator, form 1-5, 5 lights for maximal intensity
3.Charging indicator, flashing indicates charging in progress, steady light means charging ready
4.Skin contact indicator , steady light means acceptable skin contact
5.DC power inlet
7.flash button Press the flash button to release a flash.
8.Exchangeable flash head
Preparing for use
For optimal results and greatest effect, prepare the areas on which you intend to use the appliance in the manner described below.
Preparing treatment areas
1 Shave the areas you intend to treat as long as you still experience hair regrowth.
Note: If your last depilation method involved removing hairs by the roots (e.g epilating, waxing etc.), wait until you notice significant hair regrowth before you use the device. Do not use depilatory creams instead of shaving.
Please note that treatment on unshaved or improperly shaved areas has a number of undesired effects:
- The light exit window and attachment may become contaminated with stray hairs and dirt. A contaminated light exit window and can reduce the life and efficacy of the appliance. In addition, burns or black spots that appear on the light exit window and attachments due to contamination can cause the treatment to become painful or cause skin reactions like redness and discolouration.
- Hairs on your skin can burn, which can result in an unpleasant smell
2 Clean your skin and make sure it is hair-free, entirely dry and free from oily substances (e.g. present in cosmetic products like deodorants, lotions, perfumes, tanning creams and sunscreens).
3 Check the appliance, especially the light exit window for trapped hair, dust and fibres. If you see any contamination, clean the appliance.
- Once the hairs stop growing back, which usually happens after 4-5 treatments, you no longer have to shave before you use the appliance
Setting the light intensity
This appliance is an appliance developed for consumer use at home and therefore not comparable with professional light-based appliances with respect to pain sensation. The pulses of light delivered by this appliance are gentler than those from professional appliances and therefore you can expect a convenient and effective treatment. You have to adjust the light intensity to your skin and body hair colour and to a level you find comfortable. The recommended light intensities table below helps you to establish the right light intensity
1 Consult the table below to determine which light intensities are most suitable for your skin and body hair colour and to check if this method is suitable for you (if it is not, this is indicated with x in the table).
2 Each body area and possibly even parts of a body area may require a separate appropriate light intensity according to the recommended light intensities table below. The method is more effective at higher intensities, but you should reduce the light intensity if you experience any pain or discomfort.
Note: The required light intensity for different body areas may vary due to different skin colours. For example, the skin of the lower legs can be darker than the skin of the underarms due to more sun exposure. Persons with darker skin run a higher risk of skin irritation because their skin absorbs more light. Therefore lower intensities are recommended for persons with darker skin.
In the table below, "x"means that the appliance is not suitable for you.
1 Before every treatment, clean the light exit window.
2 Press the on/off button to switch on the appliance.
Note: It is normal that the appliance and the attachment become warm during use.
3 Start each treatment by selecting the light intensity very carefully, based on your skin\'s sensitivity and on how comfortable treatment feels.
4 Press the on/off button to cycle through the 5 intensity settings.
5 Place the appliance at a 90° angle on the skin so that the light exit window is in contact with the skin.
The charge ready indicator\' light on the back of the appliance become a steady green when the device is fully charged, and the Skin contact indicator become steady when good contact with skin is established. This may take a few seconds.
6 Press the flash button to release a flash. Now you have 2 options to release the next flash:
A Keep the flash button pressed. The appliance releases one flash after another as long as the flash head is in full contact with the skin. Immediately after the appliance has flashed, slide the appliance to the next area.
B Let go of the flash button after each flash. For the next flash, place the appliance on the area right next to the previously flashed area.
Note: The visible light produced by the appliance is the reflection of the flash on the skin and is harmless to your eyes. It is not necessary to wear goggles during use.
7 Switch off the appliance after you have finished the treatment.
8 Check the light exit window for hairs and dirt and clean the appliance after use.
How to achieve optimal results
- It is normal that hairs are still visible after the first few treatments
- To remove all hairs successfully and prevent the hair follicle from becoming active again, the treatments have to be repeated once every two weeks for the first two months. Your skin should be smooth by then..
- To ensure that your skin stays smooth, we advise you to repeat the treatment every 4 to 8 weeks. The time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth and also across different body areas. If too many hairs grow back between treatments, simply shorten the treatment interval again, but do not treat any area more often than once every two weeks. When you use the appliance more frequently than recommended, you do not increase the effectiveness but you do increase the risk of skin reactions.
Cleaning and maintenance
To ensure optimal results and a long life for the appliance, clean the appliance before and after each use and, if necessary, also during the treatment. The appliance loses its effectiveness if you do not clean it properly.
1 Switch off the appliance, unplug it and let it cool down.
2 Moisten a soft cloth with a few drops of water and use it to clean the following parts:
- the light exit window
- the filter glass
Note: If water does not clean effectively, use a few drops of high-percentage alcohol to clean the parts mentioned above.
1 Switch off the appliance, unplug it and let it cool down.
2 Clean the appliance before you store it.
3 Store the appliance in a dust-free and dry place at a temperature between 0°C and 60°C.
Rated voltage 100V-240V
Rated frequency 50Hz-60Hz
Rated input 35W
Protection against electric shock Class II Q
Operating conditions Temperature: +15° to +35°C
Relative humidity: 25% to 95%
Storage conditions Temperature: 0° to +60°C
Relative humidity: 5% to 95%
Spectrum of hair removal flash head >470nm
Spectrum of skin smoothing flash head >570nm
Spectrum of anti-acne flash head >430nm